Insurance Agents & Brokers
Our firm works with insurance agents & brokers in navigating regulatory issues at the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (“FSRA”) and the Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (“RIBO”). Our firm will assist insurance agents & brokers on the following regulatory issues:
- Advising insurance agents & brokers on compliance with relevant legislation and standards, including:
- the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario Act, 2016 and its regulations;
- the Insurance Act and its regulations; and
- the Registered Insurance Brokers Act (“RIB Act”) and its regulations, as well the RIBO’s Code of Conduct and By-Laws.
- Responding to various inquiries at the FSRA and RIBO, including drafting responses to complaints that are reviewed by the Complaints Committee of the Council of the RIBO;
- Advocating on behalf of insurance brokers at formal discipline hearings before the Discipline Committee of the Council of the RIBO;
- Assisting insurance brokers with registration applications and advocating at hearings before the RIBO’s Qualification and Registration Committee;
- Representing insurance brokers in appeals before the Divisional Court;
- Advising insurance agents and brokers on various practice issues, such as performance standards and employment/contract issues; and
- Advising insurance agents and brokers on any new regulatory requirements that may come into force under the FSRA or any other new legislation.
Responding to Complaints at the College of Chiropractors of Ontario: What Chiropractors Need to Know