Koziebrocki Law will work with funeral directors, cemetery operators, crematorium operators, and other professionals who are regulated by the Bereavement Authority of Ontario (“BAO”). Our firm will assist funeral, burial, and cremation services professionals on regulatory issues including the following:
- Advising funeral directors and other operators on compliance with relevant legislation and standards, including the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002 (“FBCSA”), as well as the BAO’s Routine Practices in the Bereavement Care Setting Guide;
- Responding to various inquiries at the BAO, including drafting responses to complaints that are reviewed by the BAO’s Registrar;
- Advocating on behalf of funeral directors and other operators to resolve matters through the BAO’s mediation process;
- Advocating on behalf of funeral directors and other operators at formal discipline hearings before the BAO’s Discipline Committee;
- Representing funeral directors and other operators in appeals before the Licence Appeal Tribunal; and
- Advising funeral directors and other operators on various practice issues, such as licencing issues, performance standards, and employment/contractual issues related to staff and contractors.
Responding to Complaints at the College of Chiropractors of Ontario: What Chiropractors Need to Know