Koziebrocki Law works with real estate professionals in addressing regulatory issues at the Real Estate Council of Ontario (“RECO”) and equivalent provincial bodies. Our firm will assist real estate professionals on matters including:
- Advising real estate professionals on compliance with relevant legislation and standards, including the Real Estate and Business Brokers Act 2002 (“REBBA 2002”), which contains a code of ethics.
- Responding to various inquiries at RECO, including drafting responses to complaints that are investigated by the Council’s Complaints Committee;
- Advocating on behalf of real estate professionals at formal discipline hearings before the Council’s Discipline Committee;
- Representing real estate professionals in court proceedings (e.g. those who breach sections of REBBA 2002 other than the Code of Ethics in the Ontario Court of Justice, or in appeals before the Divisional Court of Ontario); and
- Advising real estate professionals on various practice issues, such as licencing issues, social media and marketing, and privacy/confidentiality.