Koziebrocki Law works with optometrists who face regulatory issues at the College of Optometrists of Ontario. Our practice includes working with optometrists on the following regulatory matters:
- Responding to various inquiries at the College of Optometrists of Ontario, including drafting responses to complaints that are reviewed by the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee (“ICRC”) at the College;
- Advocating on behalf of optometrists at discipline hearings;
- Assisting optometrists in registration applications;
- Representing optometrists in appeals before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”) (e.g. where a decision of the ICRC has been made);
- Reporting past history, including criminal charges and findings of guilt, to the College of Optometrists of Ontario;
- Advising optometrists on issues related to the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Optometrist Act, 1991, as well as the Optometric Reference Guide; and
- Advising optometrists on other practice issues that may arise, including employment and contractual issues, practicing with opticians, mandatory reporting requirements, and Internet dispensing.