Motor Vehicle Dealers and Salespersons
Koziebrocki Law will work with motor vehicle dealers and salespersons in navigating regulatory issues at the Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council (“OMVIC”). Our firm will assist motor vehicle dealers with the following regulatory issues:
- Advising motor vehicle dealers on compliance with relevant legislation and standards, including the Motor Vehicle Dealers’ Act, 2002, as well as the OMVIC’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice;
- Responding to various inquiries at the OMVIC, including drafting responses to complaints that are reviewed by the Registrar of the OMVIC and the Complaints and Inquiries department;
- Advocating on behalf of motor vehicle dealers at discipline hearings before the OMVIC’s Discipline Committee;
- Representing motor vehicle dealers in appeals before the Licence Appeal Tribunal; and
- Advising motor vehicle dealers on various practice issues, such as licencing issues, performance standards, and employment/contract issues related to staff and contractors.
Responding to Complaints at the College of Chiropractors of Ontario: What Chiropractors Need to Know