Audiologists/Speech Language Pathologists
Our practice includes working with audiologists and speech pathologists who face regulatory issues at the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO). We work with audiologists and speech pathologists on various matters, including the following:
- Advising on issues related to the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Act, 1991 (“ASLPA”).
- Responding to various inquiries at the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario, including drafting responses to complaints that are reviewed by the CASLPO’s Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee (“ICRC”);
- Advocating on behalf of audiologists and speech pathologists at discipline hearings;
- Representing audiologists and speech pathologists in appeals before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”) (e.g. where a decision of the ICRC has been made);
- Assisting with fitness to practice matters;
- Assisting audiologists and speech language pathologists in registration applications;
- Reporting past history, including criminal charges and findings of guilt, to the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario; and
- Advising audiologists and speech pathologists on other practice issues that may arise, including employment and contractual issues, unauthorized practice, and privacy and confidentiality.
Responding to Complaints at the CASLPO: What Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists Need to Know